Thursday 2 July 2020

Schedule 12

This week's exercise is mainly an extension to the drapery study last week, except now the drapery is wrapping around a figure. Was chatting to someone on this reddit thread and they mentioned photographing themselves posing for some of the exercises. That is such a fantastic idea. For the drapery-on-figure gesture studies, I set a webcam on video recording, then spend 2 minutes making about 50 poses. Then, I just pause between poses when I am drawing. You also get the added bonus that sometimes the transition between poses create fantastic gesture in the fabric.

I ran out of burnt sienna, so I did the modelled drawing in green. To my surprise, I actually quite liked it. Started doing daily composition from long-memory/imagination this week. It's hard to draw from imagination and I often sit there thinking for 10 min before doing anything. I need to just get on with it. For now, I'll do 1-2 composition from imagination and 3 from recalled memory. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily composition (May - July, 2020)

I decided to move all the daily compositions into their own post. So far I have done just over 200 daily compositions (not posted all of the...