Tuesday 7 July 2020

Schedule 13

Half way through! This week, the gesture, blind contour and modelled drawing are overlapped on top of one another using same pose. All these weird exercises that I've been doing suddenly made sense now, and I actually feel I am substantially better than I used to be. Someone said the following in one of the forum threads discussing about the book

"I asked my teacher why more teachers don’t follow the schedule. He said that for the first six months you don’t see results and schools don’t think modern students have the patience to trudge things out for that long before results. In Nicolaides’ time, he said, students didn’t expect instant results."

I would agree with that. I felt that I have improved in the way I see things, but I didn't know what the improvements look like until this week. And on a even happier note, it looks like the exercises would stay pretty much like this week for the rest of the book!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily composition (May - July, 2020)

I decided to move all the daily compositions into their own post. So far I have done just over 200 daily compositions (not posted all of the...