Thursday 28 May 2020

Schedule 2

I just finished the second week's schedule. Blind contour is a pain. I really struggled to draw slow enough for making only one drawing in the 1 hour session. The feeling of touching the contour is usually a fleeting moment that occurs here and there. However, I think some of the exercise has rubbed off on me; I have noticed that I am better at following the contour of shapes when I look at them now though instead of letting my gaze darting to random points of interest on the subject.
I paused the exercises for a few days while waiting on the art materials for the 3rd week's schedule. This post great for buying the material ahead of schedule.
http://www.naturalwaytodraw.com/2011/03/essential-art-supplies-for-natural-way.html

I decided to do a sneaky start on the daily composition after watching Chris Beaven's daily progress https://cbeaven.com/ . It's a fantastic blog and really gets me all fired up. I am loving the daily compositions - it really gets me paying more attention to everything around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily composition (May - July, 2020)

I decided to move all the daily compositions into their own post. So far I have done just over 200 daily compositions (not posted all of the...