Thursday 28 May 2020

Starting the Natural Way to Draw by Nicolaides

I started to follow the schedules in the book "the Natural way to Draw" by Nicolaides this week. Done the first 5 days.

 

I am still not entirely surer that I understood the contour and cross contour exercise. When my eyes stop being as focused, I can sort of "drag" my view with my pencil. But I only very occasionally feel like my pencil is touching the contour. I have found that I am getting better at concentrating on following the contour though, so hopefully it will improve. I tend to do contour drawing of my face with a mirror, and the drawings from contour drawing are so awful it makes me giggle each time.

 

Gesture drawing is just fun. I am struggling a little with finding enough things in the house to draw it from life, so mixed in half photos, half Warhammer models.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily composition (May - July, 2020)

I decided to move all the daily compositions into their own post. So far I have done just over 200 daily compositions (not posted all of the...